August 20, 2008

It's a keeper!

I was fairly skeptical when Jussi handed over this wool winder "The Mighty Empisal" at KR on Sunday - it looked difficult. BUT I take it all back and in the words of the Dutchman in 'Goldmember' - "it's a keeper!". I am obsessed - first re-winding all the Fleece Artist kidsilk mohair balls,
and then all the 8ply Wool Company "Donkey" and Katia white Cotton.
I have since run out of winding opportunities and am actually thinking of just winding random skeins for the hell of it. THANKS JUSSI!!
Since knitting seemed far less exciting now, thanks to The Mighty E - I baked and cooked this week instead. Dinner on Sunday: jar of supermarket pesto, sweet vine tomatoes, frozen broad beans heated in boiling water for about 5min and skinned, roasted pine nuts and garlicky cabonnassi = no room for pudding.

Anzac biscuits (Edmonds Cookbook) for the office today: interestingly enough I discovered there is a difference between wholegrain and rolled oats - one requires molars and the doesn't! NB the obligatory biscuit close-up comes from reading bloggers such as sixoneseven and joythebaker who are really inspirational foodie photographers for me.

The last knitting project before The Mighty E arrived: slippers for me, usual cable pattern, knitted out of 3 strands of some odd, maroon, 100% wool balls.

I'm going down to Turoa tomorrow as the next 2 days look primo weather for their massive 455cm snow base - the henious price of fuel, accomodation and lift passes (not to mention the mortgage) now make the timing of a boarding trip crucial. While I haven't skied in the northern hemisphere even I know a crowded chairlift queue, icy fields and wind gusts isn't a choice day on the hill. Oh plus I need to get at least one ride in before my cousin's ski weekend so I don't shame my senior position as eldest by spending the whole weekend on my ass!

3 comments:

Toni MB said...

oooh I'd love a pair of slippers....

Anonymous said...

ball winding... it's the new yoga!

Anonymous said...

TTP - you should keep those twinkle toes of yours crossed, never know when your wildest dreams will come true :)

GG - if I'm eating a Whittakers Peanut Slab at the same time as ball winding, is it still a form of exercise??