April 22, 2010

Drop Stitch Vest



Pattern: "Accidentally on Purpose" Drop Stitch Vest by Jamie Chupick
Yarn: 3 x Katia Espiga - 50% cotton/50% acrylic - discontinued by the looks of it
Colour: ummm - pink??? - I've lost the yarn labels!


An easy knit - it's really just 2 rectangles in stocking st - and then a "scary as hell" final row where you drop stitches on purpose! I frogged it twice as, true to form, my gauge was out but given I wasn't following the rules of gauge and gauge again until correct, I just started impatiently! Anyway the first time I dropped the final row was at SnB one night. Following the pattern with my tension and different yarn I ended up with a tent much to the entertainment of everyone!


I picked it up on the basis it was any easy knit and could use up some of my stash - and it was good on both counts. It's a little tight fitting and I'm not sure whether to where it casual or if it can be dressed up but I have all of winter to figure it out. I would recommend it as a quick knit BUT definitely check your tension first!

No comments: