October 9, 2008

Distractions from Knitting

I have been obsessed with foodie blogs lately – you know how you can end up wasting half an hour by following some blog roll that leads you down the long path of fanatical New York foodies, amateur British restaurant critics, Danish pastry bakers or travelling donut obsessives?? I hope you do - cos it's a yummy 1/2 hour! I love the blogs with drool-worthy photos the most - am actually jealous of all the light they have to snap away in. One day I should actually make some of the recipes (although it will require some USA measurement translation – which means rules – which means I’m already uninterested - so I’ll just keep looking at the pictures).

Here are my favourites for today – warning look away now if your sweet tooth needs no encouragement:

Joy the Baker – who started it all for me really
Culinary Concoctions by Peabody – OMG caramel peanut brownie!! Good blog roll.
Orangette – great writer and she has a good list of foodie blogs!!
Chubby Hubby – check out their new kitchen and Singapore restaurant review
Artisan Sweets – mmm pastry mmmm butter
Slow Like Honey – such a choice name
La Tartine Gourmande – great travelling food stories
The Laughing Gastronome – a bit of NZ goodness

I’m running out of eating adjectives so I’m off to eat a macaroon or two.

Or three with a cup of Earl Grey!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have you seen The Waitakere Redneck's Kitchen? I came across it when looking for a Feijoa Jam recipe a while back. :-)

I also quite like Karina' Kitchen - packed full of gluten-free and vege/vegan recipes. :-)

My problem is that I usually stumble across a great food blog when looking for a recipe, and then forget to bookmark it and go back!