March 7, 2010

Drop Stitch Vest

This is the front (or maybe back - they do look the same!) of my drop stitch vest from Stitch'n'Bitch Nation. I spent one night at irregular winos (search ravelry) following the pattern to find I was WAAY out and nearly ended up with a skirt instead of a vest.


I re-calculated the pattern so that instead of 12 columns of dropped stitches I only had 8. It's definitely a scary stitch the first time you pull the fabric apart!




But definitely a great pattern once it's all "dropped". I have finished the vest but need to re-do the shoulders - they don't look very pretty, as it was finished in a hurried, poorly concentrating way!!

I spent a great afternoon with Granny G today eating yo-yos, biscotti, eclairs (without cream) and "welsh cheese cakes" while taping some pod casts of 'What's in the tins'. And she showed me a fabulous dress and jacket she designed and knitted - hopefully she puts up photos for a show and tell soon because it's GREAT!

No comments: