April 10, 2010

Bring on Winter!!


This feels like the last time I actually sat still and could say I was a crafter. It was when WIPs became FOs with good pace and there were stacks of WIPs and fantasy WIPS around the house. These days I seem pretty busy with work, night classes, training and home maintenance to seriously craft.

Before SnB on Tuesday I figured out I only had "Donkey" to take LYS and bought some Patons yarn and a pattern book for a new WIP. And you know what I saw at LYS - loads of young women buying up loads of yarn. All these people were crafting! Of course me taking a fine magenta yarn to a dark pub that evening, with no certainty of correct gauge, meant my dedicated crafting evening did not end up so crafty.

This lack of crafting also became apparent this morning when I spent time with a friend I learnt to sail with several years ago. Last time I saw her was at her wedding. That was over a year ago and now she has a bubba. So as I planned to head up north, for the first time in ages I realised I didn't have any knitted newborn gift for her. It was weird because everyone knows I have this weird0/but cute/sort of bizarre/a bit geeky habit called crafting - many don't understand why I would be interested in it but all appreciate a handmade gift. My friend on the other hand, with new bubba in tow had knitted all these lovely jumpers!

It's not a mojo issue, definitely not a mojo issue, as I keep trawling over my new craft book from TTP, I drooled over some new yarns at LYS, fantasy WIPS keep popping into my mind - it's a time thing.

So as I finished mowing the lawns this evening, picked the kakuia grass from the vege garden, I decided that summer is not my greatest crafting season - sewing at a pinch, cooking yip, but definitely not fibre crafting.

I'm looking forward to winter actually - dark, cold nights to stay home; rainy weekends with no home renov in sight; catch-ups with friends on warm cosy couches. YIP - bring on the crafting winter people!!

3 comments:

alke said...

It's much the same here. Spring and summer are for the outdoors - the garden, the boat, and in fall and winter the crafting happens.
If you don't really miss it, it's all good!

grannyg said...

nice FO's! hope you've nailed the gauge swatch for the magenta now, it's a gorgeous wee pattern

Jasmine said...

Sure did Granny G - am even up to the first shoulder!