April 7, 2010

Hot Cross Buns

Everyone is showing off their great hot cross buns, (Granny G - look the best). But as I was telling Granny G last night, my hot cross buns didn't quite make it. My friend Mer came over and we made some recipe off the net entitled "best hot cross bun recipe". I think that was the obviously problem - any recipe with that name won't be a star as too much reliance is based on it by amateur cooks like moi!


Ours came out rather - ummm, let me think what's the best word - HARD/ROCKS. Nice spicy rocks with sultanas in them. They are so hard now 3 days later I could use them to hold the weed mat down in the garden! With a load of butter I have still managed to eat a few all weekend!

Hope you found a good recipe?

1 comment:

Catherynne said...

But the photography's awesome! Feeling hungry now...