May 1, 2010

Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater


A nice start to the month of May - show off a FO - actually I finished this ages ago but never got round to taking pictures.

Pattern: Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater by Rebecca Daniels, found in a Knitting Daily free baby patterns printout.
Yarn: Belex Carding 8 ply felted yarn with a cream flock, purchased a few years ago at Jill's Wool Shop in Wanaka (by the Wanaka Transport and Toy Museum on Hawea Rd).


My first top-down, no seams knit - loved it! It took me a while to understand the top-down thing but like most things it was far less harder than I thought. Only change to the pattern would be using much smaller needles for the neck as it's very loose. I would also put a button hole in as I don't like sewing snaps onto woollens.

I'm quite loving this little knit and feel it was a pretty supreme effort for me - cables, top-down, seamless etc - so I haven't found the right bubba for this yet. There is a new second-cousin due in June, maybe it will go to that bubba. No hurry though, I'm happy to keep admiring it - it gives me courage to keep going with my WIP - a lace shrug!!

2 comments:

Miss Smith said...

Wow, that's one cute little cardy. I wish they had a pattern for it in an adult size.

Jasmine said...

exactly what I was thinking the whole time I knitted it Miss Smith!