May 8, 2010

Out of honey


I've been a bit greedy with my fav local honey - toasting my muesli with it meant I was all out this morning. Had to have apricot jam on my toast. Tough times. Hardship folks I tell you.


I had a good Sat today: even with the beginnings of a cold I got all jobs done quickly, brewed my pot of coffee, lit the fire and sat down for a great afternoon of knitting. I made huge headway with the little shrug WIP - I might post a photo soon as it's really a very pretty little lace pattern. Even though I'm nearly finished the lace section I'm still having to count EVERY ROW, EVERY STITCH. My hat goes off to those who can knit lace without looking and still talking!

A few interesting sites I wandered into recently:

icord lamps - designed by Ilot Ilov and I think just gorgeous as a bedside lamp. MY bedside lamp especially!

trucking knitters - go mate, fab idea for traffic jams. Do you think they would ban that like they did with cellphones??

Smash Mag - I esp love the Plush-a-sketch and felted rainbow acorns

elephantine - lovely jeweller, just want to buy it all!!

are these like the piko piko we can eat in NZ???

local gal on Design Sponge - she has some great fabrics for her baby products

Hope you are getting some knitting in this weekend too!

1 comment:

Celeritas said...

As a child I grew up with beekeepers up the road from me. I was completely spoiled by their chunky manuka, that is a manuka honey mixed with chunks of comb, fabulous. Unfortunately they no longer run the business and I can't get it where I live. I would adore to find some again.