August 14, 2010

Cables in Avocado




Pattern: Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater by Rebecca Daniels from Knitting Daily's "7 Free Baby Knits"
Yarn: Utiku Perendale 8ply in Avocado (052), 1 x 200gm hank
Needles: 4mm and 3.5mm for edges - this doesn't follow the pattern but the yarn
Time spent clicking sticks: 1 weekend

This is such a cool pattern - I've knitted about 5 of these now I love it so much. I have started adapting the cables (although not on this one) and want to start substituting the cable for another stitch like seed stitch. The cables weren't perfect on this one but a solid blocking helped a lot. It's a little jumper for my an old workmate who has just had her first little boy. She is a bit of a knitter so I really wanted to do something nice that a knitter could appreciate.

1 comment:

Jessicah said...

It's lovely! And I love the colour- using the same yarn in my afghan!