September 29, 2008

Fence beats Dog!

The backyard fence has gone in! No more of the neighbourhood mutt crapping all over our lawn! It will save me from all that rock throwing and yelling! Although there were a few miscalculations by the fencers (they put the horizantal posts to the pail top line and we have some gaps at the bottom to fix up) - overall it looks great and we just have to paint it. For anyone with a rough-sawn wood fetish here are some before-and-after pics:



And in the last photo are my vege planters - CH helped me get them in this weekend thankfully and I planted some zucchini and radish. Some lettuce, capiscum and tomatoes are seeding themselves at the moment too. I'm thinking some peas and strawbs would be nice as well ... there's a whole load of space!
As you can image there wasn't a whole lotta crafting going on this weekend - I started up a cowl neck with some Patons Jet stash (inspired by Splityarn's knitting) on Sunday night and meandered along with the Donkey Blanket. It was actually like summer this weekend - which is just great for getting outside but unfortunately not so good for sitting round crafting! Maybe with the backyard humming I can starting picnic knitting! There are a few sewing projects to go - 2 more summer tops I have in mind with the fabric below.
I was reading Twenty Cent Mixture's blog last week and missing that old market stall buzz - thinking it would be cool to create some little products again, meeting and chatting to stall visitors all day - keeping the crafting force alive. Alas I do not have a tardis (my handbag could be one at times) to travel back and forth in time gaining a few more hours here and there to craft more. Maybe I'll do some next year ...
Crap! Just realised I missed Kraftbomb again!!
Oh and BTW I do have an adult project to show you - but it's not a success due to my overwhelming habit of ignoring the actual pattern, thus living up to this blog's name. It's going to be frogged as soon as I can find the heart to do it (my motivation is probably the fact I'll get to use the Mighty E again!). Tune in next week for the sad story of adult knitting gone wrong!

No comments: